dont miss these news
When Bishop Curry, a 10-year-old living in Texas, heard that a baby from the same neighborhood had died after being left in a hot car by his parents, he was deeply saddened and left in a state of shock. With his thoughts immediately turned to his one-year-old sister, this tragic event certainly struck close to home for young Bishop — and it was time to do something about it.
According to a study, since 1998, 712 children have died from heatstroke in the United States after being left in a car during hot weather. In 2015 alone, there were 24 hot-car deaths. The sad fact is that all of these deaths could've so easily been prevented.
Watch the following video to find out more about Bishop's fantastic life-saving device:
Bishop is an extremely creative and intelligent child with a potentially revolutionary idea.
He invented the "Oasis," a device you place on the child's seat that records the temperature inside the vehicle. When the temperature reaches a certain level, the device emits cool air and automatically informs the child's parents and the authorities.
At present the device is still a prototype, but Bishop managed to raise money for its development thanks to a crowdfunding campaign. "I got lots of help from my parents," said Bishop.
Having initially aimed to raise $20,000 for manufacturing the device and filing a patent, the family were in for a surprise. With people so taken by the ingenious idea and Bishop's determination, the Currys were able to exceed expectations and raise over $45,000.
The prototype was presented at a conference on vehicle safety, where Bishop received much praise for his hard work.
"My biggest dream is to create lots of inventions to save many lives," the young inventor said.
Bishop has shown himself to be an incredibly responsible child with a mature head on his shoulders. Thanks to his efforts, parents will hopefully be more aware of this killer and prevent further unnecessary tragedies during hot periods this summer.
other popular news